The office’s responsibilities include:
- Assisting elected officials and candidates in completing state ethics forms and maintaining them for public inspection
- Conducting elections for federal, state, and local offices
- Federal, state, and local redistricting
- Maintaining U.S. Justice Department compliance and implementing federal and state legislation, Supreme Court Decisions, and Attorney General Opinions
- Other functions include voter registration, voter education, and service to the community where we work and live
The diverse office staff consists of 1 full-time Elections Supervisor and a varying number of part-time staff to meet fluctuating work demands and polling place staffing.
- June 9th, 2020: Presidential Preference Primary
- November 5th, 2019: Municipal and Special Election Results (PDF)
- November 8th: General Election
- July 26, 2016: General Primary and Nonpartisan General Election Runoff
- May 24th, 2016: Primary
Georgia Secretary of State
Use the my voter page to:
- Early voting locations
- Elected Officials
- Mail-In application and ballot status
- Poll location
- Provisional Ballot status
- Registration information on file with the county office
- Sample ballot for the upcoming election
- Voter registration status
This is to serve as notice that the preparation and testing of the Electronic Poll Books, Electronic Ballot Markers, Printers, and Ballot Scanners to be used in the June 21, 2022, General Primary/General Non-Partisan Election will commence on Wednesday, June 8, 2022, and continue daily until complete. The preparation and testing will begin at 8:30 a.m. The testing will take place at the Meriwether County Board of Elections Equipment office at 133 S. Court Square, Greenville, GA and The Meriwether County Board of Elections and Registration Office located at 137 S. Court Square, Greenville, GA.
Representatives of political parties and bodies, candidates, news media and the public are invited to observe the test.
Advance Voting for the June 21, 2022, Democratic Primary Runoff Election will be held as follows:
Monday, June 13, 2022 – Friday, June 17, 2022, 8:30am-5:00pm
Advance Voting will take place at the Meriwether County board of election and registration office located at 137 S. Court square Greenville, GA. The last day for an absentee application to be in our office for June 21, 2022 is Friday, June 10, 2022 If additional information is needed, please contact the Meriwether County Board of Elections and Registration office at 706-672-9433.