The office’s responsibilities include:
- Assisting elected officials and candidates in completing state ethics forms and maintaining them for public inspection
- Conducting elections for federal, state, and local offices
- Federal, state, and local redistricting
- Maintaining U.S. Justice Department compliance and implementing federal and state legislation, Supreme Court Decisions, and Attorney General Opinions
- Other functions include voter registration, voter education, and service to the community where we work and live
The diverse office staff consists of 1 full-time Elections Supervisor and a varying number of part-time staff to meet fluctuating work demands and polling place staffing.
- 2021 State Elections & Voter Registration Calendar
- 2022 State Elections & Voter Registration Calendar
- June 9th, 2020: Presidential Preference Primary
- November 5th, 2019: Municipal and Special Election Results (PDF)
- November 8th: General Election
- July 26, 2016: General Primary and Nonpartisan General Election Runoff
- May 24th, 2016: Primary
Georgia Secretary of State
Use the my voter page to:
- Early voting locations
- Elected Officials
- Mail-In application and ballot status
- Poll location
- Provisional Ballot status
- Registration information on file with the county office
- Sample ballot for the upcoming election
- Voter registration status
This is to serve as notice that the preparation and testing of the Electronic Poll Books, Electronic Ballot Markers, Printers, and Ballot Scanners to be used in the November 2, 2021, General/Special Election will commence on Friday, October 1, 2021, and continue daily until complete. The preparation and testing will begin at 8:30 a.m. The testing will take place at the Meriwether County Board of Elections Equipment office at 133 S. Court Square, Greenville, GA and The Meriwether County Board of Elections and Registration Office located at 137 S. Court Square, Greenville, GA.
Representatives of political parties and bodies, candidates, news media and the public are invited to observe the test.
GA Code §21-2-379.6 (c)
Advance Voting for the November 2, 2021, General/Special Election will be held as follows:
Advance Voting will take place at the Meriwether County board of election and registration office located at 137 S. Court square Greenville, GA. If additional information is needed, please contact the Meriwether County Board of Elections and Registration office at 706-672-9433.